PIvena Assembly Instructions (B+)
This instructable is going to show you how to assembling the PIvena Raspberry Pi Case! Head over to my website WildCircuits.com to read more about the PIvena or to thingiverse to download all the design files and make your own or to my Etsy shop to buy a kit.
Step 1: What you need
Before start building you will need to get all your parts together.
You can source these parts yourself or buy the kit on Etsy:
- A set of lasercut 1/8″ baltic birch plywood parts (Thingiverse)
- A set of 3D printed parts (Thingiverse)
- (36) – 5/16″ length 4-40 screws
- (11) – 1/2″ length 4-40 screws
- (2) additional 1/2″ screws are included in the Model B+ kit
- (4) – 5/8″ length 4-40 screws
- (6) – 4-40 nuts
- (2) additional nuts are included in the Model B+ kit.
- (3) – 1″ length standoffs
- (4) – 1/4″ length unthreaded standoffs
- (1) – micro usb cable
- (1) – 2.1mm barrel jack
- (1) – 2.1mm barrel connector for the LCD screen power connection
These are needed but not included in the hardware kit:
- (1) – 5V 2A power supply with a 2.1mm barrel connector (Adafruit)
- (1) – HDMI cable. I used a 1ft flat cable from (meritline) but you can use whatever you like.
- (1) – Raspberry PI model B +
- (1) – 7″ HDMI LCD (Adafruit) or (Amazon)
Step 2: Assemble the Base
- Get the base plate, (4) 5/16″ screws, (4) 3D printed corners
- Set the base plate down in the orientation shown in the first picture.
- Insert one of the 5/16″ screws from the bottom side of the base plate in a corner hole
- Screw it into the bottom of the 3D printed corner piece 1.NOTE: the bottom of the 3D printed corner is flat, while the top has a bump up that is used to align the top pieces.
- Repeat for the remaining 3 corners
Step 3: Right Side
- Grab the side plate (has a large rectangle cut out with a step in the top), (3) 5/16″ screws
- Slide the side plate between the 2 3D printed corners.
- If it isn’t fitting on nicely you may need to rotate the 3D printed corners slightly.
- Use (3) 5/16″ screws to secure the side plate to the 3D printed corners.
For more detail: PIvena Assembly Instructions (B+)