Avalue recently announced a Linux-friendly 3.5″ ECM-CFS Single Board Computer with a choice of Intel’s latest 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” S-series processors. It also features triple display support, 2x GbE, 4x USB 3.1, 2x SATA, and mSATA. This SBC is considered as the world’s first 3.5-inch SBC to feature Intel’s 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” processors. Avalue’s 146 x 101mm ECM-CFS SBC is designed keeping various applications in mind, like retail, automation, vending machine, POS/kiosk, signage, and industrial transportation applications.
Avalue has earlier launched a 6th Gen “Skylake” based ECM-SKLH 3.5-inch SBC. This new ECM-CFS SBC has a lot in common with its predecessor ECM-SKLH. Though it lacks the previous model’s M.2 slot and VGA header, now we are getting a much faster processor, and it cranks up USB support up to the faster USB 3.1. The ECM-CFS supports up to 16GB DDR4 RAM. It offers dual SATA III slots in addition to the mSATA-enabled mini-PCIe interface. The triple display support includes two 4K ready HDMI ports and an LVDS connection.
Key features of the Avalue ECM-CFS SBC:
- Processor: Intel 8th Gen “Coffee Lake” Core S-series (low power “T”) and Celeron/Pentium G-series with Intel Q370 or H310 chipset and Intel HD Graphics Gen9:
- Core i7-8700T — 6x core/12x thread @ up to 4GHz; 12MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Core i7-8500T — 6x core/6x thread @ up to 3.5GHz; 9MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Core i7-8100T — 4x core/4x thread @ up to 3.1GHz; 6MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel UHD Graphics 630
- Pentium Gold G5400T — 2x core/4x thread @ up to 3.1GHz; 4MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel UHD Graphics 610
- Celeron Gold G4900T — 2x core/2x thread @ up to 2.9GHz; 2MB cache; 35W TDP; Intel UHD Graphics 610