Arbor Technology recently announced the specifications for a new board, a COM Express Compact Type 6 module called the EmETXe-a10M0. The board which is based on AMD’s Ryzen Embedded V1000 SoC with up to 32GB of memory plus a GBE Controller and triple display support joins several other V1000-based modules that use the 95 x 95mm Compacts Type 6 form factor such as Seco’s COMe-B75-CT6, Ibase’s ET976, and the Kontron’s COMe-cVR6 which is also now available with the scaled-down Ryzen Embedded R1000.
The EmETXe-a10M0 comes Ubuntu ready and can run either of Ubuntu Linux or Windows 10 on your choice of three quad-core V1000 models which have been soldered down to the board to improve general reliability.
The EmETXe-a10M0 is a feature-rich board with a V1807B clocked at 3.35GHz/3.8GHz which has a Vega GPU with 11 compute units, making it 3 compute units better than the ones before him like the V1605B (clocked at 2.0GHz/3.6GHz) and the V1756B (clocked at 3.25GHz/3.6GHz)which both have Vega GPUs with 8 GPU Computeunits.
The module is equipped with up to 32GB DDR4 via dual sockets. It supports triple independent displays by way of 3x DDI interfaces with a choice of 24-bit LVDS or optional DisplayPort. The module also comes with an HD audio codec on board along with a GbE controller (Intel i210IT) and support for 2x SATA III, 8x PCIe x1, and PCIe x8. Additional I/O includes 4x USB 3.1, 8x USB 2.0, 2x UART, 8-bit DIO, LPC, and SPI with a watchdog and optional TPM 2.0.
The board can be powered via it’s 5-20V power input with a power consumption of 2.39A when powered from a 12V power supply unit using the lower end V1605B. Physicall the module supports temperatures between -20 to 70ºC with a 10 ~ 95% @ 70ºC (non-condensing) humidity tolerance.
Some Of The Features Of The Board Are Highlighted Below:
- Soldered onboard AMD V1605B/V1756B/B1807B APU Processor
- Integrated Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual Channels 24-bit LVDS, with resolution up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz with 3 x DDI ports
- Support 3 independent displays
- 2 x DDR4 ECC SO-DIMM sockets, supporting up to 32GB SDRAM
- AMI UEFI BIOS
- 1~255 levels reset Watchdog timer
- 12 x USB ports: 8 x USB 2.0 port and 4 x USB 3.1 ports
- 2 x UART ports (RX/ TX only)
- 8 x PCIe x1 lanes, 1 x PCIe x8 lane, LPC, SPI Expansion busses
- 2 x Serial ATA ports with 600MB/s HDD transfer rate
- HD audio link
- Windows 10 64-bit or Linux: Ubuntu compatible
Additional accessories that could be ordered along with the boards include a heat spreader, heat sink, cable kit, and an unspecified ATX form-factor carrier board.