Integrated Device Technology (IDT), a wholly owned subsidiary of Renesas Electronics Corporation introduced the OB1203, a fully integrated all-in-one biosensor module for mobile and wearable devices. The OB1203 is the smallest sensor of its kind.
In addition to non-invasive measurement of heart rate and blood oxygen levels, the OB1203 module integrates additional sensors needed in the latest generation mobile devices, including an ambient light sensor (ALS), an RGB color sensor, a proximity sensor, and a pulse oximeter biosensor. This module comes in a tiny, optically-enhanced package at only 4.2 mm × 2 mm × 1.2 mm, and includes two LEDs, drivers, the sensors and a signal conditioning chip that outputs all sensor data on an I2C bus.
A key feature of the OB1203 is its antiallergenic glass cover, which allows it to be used in applications requiring direct skin contact. An additional advantage of the OB1203 is the ability to operate when covered with IR-inked glass, allowing product designers to almost entirely conceal the OB1203 for a cleaner, more aesthetically pleasing product design.
The OB1203 comes with clinical-grade heart rate (HR) and Sp02 algorithms, an easily customized Android app, and only requires power and three data lines to operate.
- SpO2 measurement behind IR transmissive, but visibly dark ink
- Industry’s smallest package: 4.2mm × 2mm × 1.2mm
- Fully integrated and trimmed module including two LEDs, 250mA max drive current and photo detectors
- High SNR and Crosstalk cancelation (analog and digital)
- Ambient Light / Color Sensor:
- High lux accuracy across various light sources
- Absolute sensitivity: 0.06 lx to > 150,000 lx
- Output resolution LS/CS: 13 to 20 bits
- Four LS/CS gain modes: x1 to x6
- Highly linear output, 50Hz/60Hz light and fluorescent light flicker immunity
- Proximity Sensor:
- Integrated and trimmed LED source, driver (250mA) and photodetector
- High resolution (12 to 16 bits)
- Object movement detection (in/out)
- Ambient light suppression > 100 klx sun light