Murata has introduced the SCC300 series components that combine high-performance angular rate and accelerometer sensor components. The SCC300 is the 3rd generation of MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems) 4DoF (four-degrees-of-freedom) and 5DoF (five-degrees-of-freedom) inertial sensors that realize high-performance for safety-critical automotive applications. The new device consists of versions of an X-axis, Z-axis, and XZ-axis angular rate sensor and a 3-axis accelerometer sensor.
The SCC300 series is designed, manufactured, and tested to deliver reliability, quality, and extremely stable output over a wide range of temperature, humidity, and vibration conditions. The sensor in the device is designed to meet the new shock and vibration requirements coming from integrated brake systems for more cost-effective and size effective ESC (Electronic Stability Control) functionality in modern electrified vehicle architecture.
The SCC3000 series provides a cost-effective realization of ESC product family for both standard and high-specification ESC with additional features. Pin-to-Pin Compatability combined with common SPI-interface in the components to reduce the engineering effort at the system supplier level, this strengthens the system robustness.
Features Of SCC300 Components
- ISO26262 compliant for systems up to ASIL-D
- Excellent bias stability, low noise level, and excellent vibration robustness
- ±300°/s angular rate measurement range for robust sensing in harsh environment
- ±6g acceleration measurement range
- ±15g auxiliary acceleration measurement range
- -40°C～+110°C operating temperature range (Contact to Murata if +125°C is needed)
- User-selectable filter setting 13, 20, 46, 200, 300Hz
- 3.0V～3.6V supply voltage
- Extensive self-diagnostics features
- Qualified according to the AEC-Q100 standard