But if you are new to these boards, there are a bunch of resources to educate yourself. Read their Odroid magazine, ask questions on their forum and explore the details on their Wiki pages (Find the models and prices on Odroid store).
In this article, we are going to release the tutorial on how to set up an ExaGear Software trial on Odroid devices. But, first of all, let me give you a brief introduction of what the ExaGear software is for.
ExaGear Desktop is a powerful emulator for porting almost any x86 applications to ARM-based devices. In a nutshell, if you need some Windows apps or on your Odroid for any specific purpose (e.g. Notepad++ or even MS Word), ExaGear is the best solution to make it happen. Not mentioning the fact, that some native Linux applications, such as Skype and TeamViewer, when launched within ExaGear run even faster than launched via Wine on Linux. If you need more information visit our product page!
Install ExaGear Desktop Trial on Odroid
Our ExaGear Odroid Trial is kept on Odroid repos and is available for the following ODROID models:
- Odroid C0
- Odroid C1
- Odroid C1+
- Odroid C2
- Odroid X
- Odroid X2
- Odroid U2
- Odroid U3
- Odroid XU3
- Odroid XU4
- Odroid HC1
- Odroid MC1
Within the following OS images on:
- Ubuntu 16.04
- Ubuntu 16.04 Kernel 3.10
- Ubuntu 16.04 Kernel 4.9
- Debian Jessie (available for Odroid X,X2,U2/U3,XU3/XU4,C1,C2)
- ODROID GameStation Turbo (available for Odroid X,X2,U2/U3,XU3/XU4,C1,C2)
- DietPi (available for Odroid C1,C2,XU3/XU4)
The installation process is really straightforward:
1. Connect a keyboard and a mouse to your Odroid device, or connect to it remotely – whatever you got used to.
2. Call for the command line and input the following commands to update the system.