Littelfuse, Inc. a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing, announced the PLA172P OptoMOS® Relay, an 800 V normally-open single-pole 6-pin solid-state relay (SSR). It is the first solid-state relay in the Littelfuse product portfolio that comes with guaranteed electrical parameters at 105 °C ambient operating temperature.
The PLA172P is an extension to our OptoMOS solid-state relay product line, offering our highest voltage rating (800V) in a surface mount SSR Flatpack package,” said Steve Andrezyk, Global Product Manager at Littelfuse. “It also has our highest temperature range in a solid-state relay, extending our operational temperature range from 85 ºC up to 105 ºC, enabling hardware engineers to precisely design their circuits at very challenging temperatures.
This combination of high voltage rating, high-temperature range, and surface-mountable packaging is recommended for applications including:
- Isolation Test Equipment
- Battery Isolation Monitors
- Industrial Solar Field Isolation Monitor
The PLA172P OptoMOS relay includes these key benefits:
- Replaces electro-mechanical relays (EMRs) that are bulky and prone to failing drop tests
- Unique device pinout provides more than 6.8 mm of pad-to-pad separation between the high voltage output pins preventing arcing
- 5000 VRMS input-to-output isolation
- 5 mA low input control current over operating temperature range