The LMR36015 regulator is an easy-to-use, synchronous, step-down DC/DC converter. With integrated high-side and low-side power MOSFETs, up to 1.5 A of output current is delivered over a wide input voltage range of 4.2 V to 60 V. Tolerance goes up to 66 V. The transient tolerance reduces the necessary design effort to protect against overvoltages and meets the surge immunity requirements of IEC 61000-4-5.
The LMR36015 uses peak-current-mode control to provide optimal efficiency and output voltage accuracy. Load transient performance is improved with FPWM feature in the 1-MHz regulator. Precision enable gives flexibility by enabling a direct connection to the wide input voltage or precise control over device start-up and shutdown. The power-good flag, with built-in filtering and delay, offers a true indication of system status eliminating the requirement for an external supervisor.
The LMR36015 is in a HotRod™ package which enables low noise, higher efficiency, and the smallest package to die ratio. The device requires few external components and has a pinout designed for simple PCB layout. The small solution size and feature set of the LMR36015 are designed to simplify implementation for a wide range of end equipment, including space critical applications of ultra-small field transmitters and vision sensors.
- Designed for reliable and rugged applications
- Input transient protection up to 66 V
- Junction temperature range –40°C to +150°C
- Protection features: thermal shutdown, input undervoltage lockout, cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup short-circuit protection
- HotRod™ package enables low noise and minimized switch node ringing
- 0.4-V dropout with 1.5-A load (typical)
- Suited for scalable industrial power supplies