LTC3895 – 150V Low IQ, Synchronous Step-Down DC/DC Controller
- Wide VIN Range: 4V to 140V (150V Abs Max)
- Wide Output Voltage Range: 0.8V to 60V
- Adjustable Gate Drive Level: 5V to 10V (OPTI-DRIVE)
- Low Operating IQ: 40μA (Shutdown = 10μA)
- 100% Duty Cycle Operation
- No External Bootstrap Diode Required
- Selectable Gate Drive UVLO Thresholds
- Onboard LDO or External NMOS LDO for DRVCC
- EXTVCC LDO Powers Drivers from VOUT
- Phase-Lockable Frequency (75kHz to 850kHz)
- Programmable Fixed Frequency (50kHz to 900kHz)
- Selectable Continuous, Pulse-Skipping or Low Ripple
- Burst Mode® Operation at Light Loads
- Adjustable Burst Clamp and Current Limit
- Adjustable or Fixed (5V/3.3V) Output Voltage
- Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
- Programmable Input Overvoltage Lockout
- 38-Lead TSSOP High Voltage Package
The LTC®3895 is a high performance step-down switching regulator DC/DC controller that drives an all N-channel synchronous power MOSFET stage that can operate from input voltages up to 140V. A constant frequency current mode architecture allows a phase-lockable frequency of up to 850kHz.
The gate drive voltage can be programmed from 5V to 10V to allow the use of logic or standard-level FETs to maximize efficiency. An integrated switch in the top gate driver eliminates the need for an external bootstrap diode. An internal charge pump allows for 100% duty cycle operation.
The low 40μA no-load quiescent current extends operating run time in battery-powered systems. OPTI-LOOP® compensation allows the transient response to be optimized over a wide range of output capacitance and ESR values. The LTC3895 features a precision 0.8V reference and power good output indicator. The output voltage can be programmed between 0.8V to 60V using external resistors or pin-programmed for a fixed 5V or 3.3V.