In this instructable we will make a Raspberry Pi-based music player. Me and some friends made this as a group project for school.
- Raspberry Pi
- SD Card
- SD Card reader/writer
- Power supply for Raspberry Pi
- Access to the internet
- (optional) USB DAC
Step 1: Prepare your SD Card
- Download installer
- Navigate to the folder MountRPI
- Double click “mountrpi.py”
- Follow the instructions
Step 2: Setting up the Raspberry Pi
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the Raspberry Pi
- Plug in SD Card
- Plug in any audio equipment, such as a speaker or headphones
- Plug in the power source
Step 3: Connecting to the Pi Music Player
It gets a bit complicated now. Follow your operating system.
- Go to My Network Places
- Look for the icon called RuneAudio and double click it.
- In your browser type ‘runeaudio.local’
For more detail: Praxisberry Pi