RainBerry case is a compact, aesthetically designed, weatherproof case for Raspberry Pi and Pi camera. This project was born out of a need to monitor and protect the garden using a smart Pi camera with computer vision.
Step 1: Features of RainBerry Case
For most Raspberry Pi and Pi camera users, it is impossible to find a case which has the following features in it.
- Houses both Pi and Pi Camera together
- Looks neat and clean (no wire clutter)
- Mount freely at any angle
RainBerry case has all these features.
Step 2: 3D Print from Pinshape.com
Step 3: Get the Necessary Parts
- 1×Raspberry Pi A+
- 1×Pi Camera
- 4×4-40, 3/4″ Thread Phillips thread forming screws
- 4×4-40, 3/16″ Phillips thread forming screws
- 4×M2 Size, 5mm
- 4x M1.6 Size, 4mm
- 1×O-Ring, 13mm id
- 1.5mm1×O-Ring, 1.5mm, 1ft
- 1×Glass piece 17.9mm x 1.2mm from tinydeal.com (HLD-242646)
- 1×Swivel mount from Video Secu
- Shrink wrap (6855K14) for USB cable
- 1x Power source for Raspberry Pi
Step 4: Assemble Pi and Pi Camera
- Assemble Pi on to the base with 3/16″ screws
- Put o-ring in top part of case, then glass, followed by seal and finally tight seal with M1.6 screws
- Assemble Pi-camera with M2 screws
- Tighten the two parts of case with 3/4″ screws
Step 5: Mount RainBerry Outdoor
You can now mount the RainBerry with videosecu swivel mount outdoor at any angle.
You can record timelapse, stream video on your phone with vlc, face recognition and alert with RainBerry. Full details are in the blog.
Please vote for the Raspberry Pi competition !