A Raspberry Pi Emulator can provide you with hundreds of hours of fun and remembering those good times playing those great retro games. This article will take you through all the steps that you will need to take have a fantastic all in one retro game emulator.
You can find all the equipment that you will need for this tutorial below.
Setting it all up
The steps below will take you through all the steps to getting the Raspberry Pi emulator setup and ready to go.
1. Download & Format the SD Card
- Download the RetroPie Project SD Card Image from the RetroPie Website. (Use version 2.5 if you have a Raspberry Pi 2)
- You will need a formatting tool. Visit the SD Association’s website and download the SD Formatter 4.0 for either Windows or Mac.
- Follow the instructions to install the formatting software
- Insert your SD card into the computer or laptop’s SD card reader and check the drive letter allocated to it, e.g. G:/ (If you don’t have one then you can buy an USB SD Card reader here)
- In the SD Formatter, select the drive letter for your SD card (eg. G:/) and then click format.
For more detail: Raspberry Pi Emulator – The Ultimate Retro Gaming Machine