A mobile phone nowadays is an essential, probably the one thing we can’t live without, with 7.2 mobile devices being in use worldwide. But did you ever take a moment to realize where all the old phones are? Electronic waste is a big concern, with 50 million tons being generated this year. From these, only 12.5% being recycled. There is an estimate $60 million worth of gold and silver from the cellphones thrown away in the U.S. each year, and it only looks like it is getting worse! This is where the Teracube 2e comes in, the “Next Evolution of Sustainable Phones”!
But what is the Teracube 2e? It is a phone, as you can guess, but it has a huge particularity about it. It has a replaceable battery, is DIY repairable, made from recycled materials and comes in a sturdy biodegradable case. Besides this, it contains a 4 year premium care warranty. From the patterns the phone companies have gotten us used to by now, there are some interesting steps taken towards the Teracube 2e. First of, the battery: can you know anyone who misses the good days where you could take it out? Well, I do! The battery is one of the first components to get degraded over time, so the fact that you can’t easily replace it seems like a move to make you buy another phone.
Regarding the specs of the phone itself, there is nothing too impressive but not too disappointing either:
- MediaTek Helio A25 octa-core processor, clocked at 1.8 GHz
- 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of storage
- 6.1 inches HD+ IPS display (resolution of 720 x 1560)
- Cameras: 8 MP (front) and 13 + 8 MP (rear)
- 4000 mAh replaceable LiPo battery
- Fingerprint and face unlock
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi A/B/G/N/AC, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC (with support for Google Pay)
- Headphone jack, USB-C port, dedicated dual SIM with separate Micro SD slot
- 4 year premium care with flat fee repairs
Read more: TERACUBE 2E: NEXT EVOLUTION OF SUSTAINABLE PHONES