A production ready micro SoM based on Snapdragon™ 845 SoC architected for Artificial Intelligence and Immersion
The compact sized Inforce 67X1 SOM’s multiple MIPI-CSI interfaces and on-device artificial intelligence (AI) allows users to capture cinema-grade videos and blur the lines between physical and virtual worlds. The product’s enhanced hardware and software capabilities bring high-performance, true-to-life cinematic video capture, with 64x more high-dynamic range color information for video capture and playback on Ultra HD Premium displays, compared to the previous generation. This massive boost in color information includes 10-bit color depth for over one billion shades of colors that can be displayed to the wide Rec. 2020 gamut for brilliant 4K/Ultra HD @60 fps videos. The Adreno GPU enables room-scale 6 degrees of freedom (6DoF) with simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)—for features such as wall-collision detection. Snapdragon 845 also introduces “Adreno foveation,” which substantially reduces power consumption, improves visual quality and boosts XR application performance, as compared to the previous generation. All these features make it ideal for manufacturers to develop SWaP constrained devices in the immersive multimedia space, wearables, portable healthcare and connected cameras’ domain.
The Snapdragon 845 Platform Has Processor Advancements That Offer An Improved User Experience
- Qualcomm Kryo 385 CPU: Manufactured in 2nd gen 10nm LPP, optimized across 4 performance and 4 efficiency cores for higher performance.
- Hexagon™ 685 DSP: Designed to support supports sophisticated, on-device AI processing, delivering richer camera, voice, XR and gaming experiences.
- Adreno™ 630 VPS: Featuring room-scale 6DoF with SLAM, Adreno Foveation, and significantly improved graphics rendering and video processing, the Visual Processing Subsystem(VPS) comprising the GPU, VPU and DPU provides a larger-than-life immersive experience. It includes support for Vulkan 2/OpenGL ES 3.2/OpenCL.
- Dual 14-bit Spectra™ 280 ISPs support up to 16MP each for simultaneous concurrent cameras
- Qualcomm® AI Engine: The 3rd generation AI Platform enables on-device intelligence and simplifies how you take pictures and videos. It also enables enhanced features like camera bokeh, more true to life XR, gaming, and long lasting battery life. The Snapdragon core hardware architectures are engineered to run AI applications quickly and efficiently.