Jarvis Farley is a home automation system I created to manage our kid’s chores and allowance using blockchain. It also does 99 other things.
The World’s Smartest Home Featuring Jarvis Farley
People talk about “Smart Homes” — but I have created what I believe is the “World’s Smartest.” The (fun) videos below are a demonstration of my custom home automation (a private/in development Alexa Skill named Jarvis), which features an innovative implementation of blockchain and cryptocurrency to manage our kid’s chores and entertainment.
The videos also show integrated real-time vehicle tracking, alarm surveillance, DASH buttons, TV control, house-wide music, smart fitness coaching, mobile phone notifications, wifi colored lights, homework scoring, thermostats, sprinklers, power monitoring, motion and vibration sensors, and Echo dots in every room.
Learn more @ http://jarvisfarley.com
01/11 Blockchain Chores & Crypto –
02/11 Vehicle Tracking –
03/11 Automated Fitness –
04/11 TV Control –
05/11 Alarm & Surveillance –
06/11 Whole Home Music –
07/11 Mobile Integration –
08/11 Satellite Touchpanels –
09/11 Homework Scoring –
10/11 Chatbot, GUI, Hardware –
11/11 Extras (Dinner Gong, Home Videos) –
What is Jarvis?
- Jarvis is the name of a custom application and server we created to power our home automation
- Amazon’s Alexa (which we use as an intermediary to speak to Jarvis), requires developers to choose an arbitrary name to invoke their applications. We chose Jarvis, named after the AI in the Iron Man movies
- Specifications: Ubuntu Linux, 32GB RAM, 2TB storage, 64-bit quad core Intel CPU
- Application Logic: Python, Java, PHP, BASH, Ruby
- Voice: Speak out loud anywhere in the house “Alexa, tell Jarvis to…..”
- Graphical User Interface (GUI): Try tapping the touchscreen panels in our kitchen, gym, master bath, or master closet.
- Chatbot: An instant-messaging style interface that allows you to interact with Jarvis as if you had spoken to him with audible voice commands.
- Web Service: JSON REST
- CLI: ‘jarvis‘ executable command-line scriptable interface
- A localized etheruem blockchain has been installed and configured the main linux server (Jarvis)
- Our interactive Children’s Chore Chart and associated rewards are tracked as a home-grown cryptocurrency on the ethereum blockchain mentioned above
- Children’s Chore Chart – say out loud “Alexa, tell Jarvis to remove one point from Blake”, or
- “Alexa, ask Jarvis to report on the status of the kid’s points”, or
- Go to one of the touchpanels in the house and tap the “Chores” dashboard.
- Each point is a cryptocurrency token and can be exchanged for 30 minutes of electronic entertainment (TV, Video Games) or $1.00 USD
Low cost PCB at PCBWay - only $5 for 10 PCBs and FREE first order for new members
PCB Assembly service starts from $30 with Free shipping all around world + Free stencil
Extra 15% off for flex and rigid-flex PCB