In a time where we spend all our time at home, we start looking for ways to enhance our productivity. You may believe that nothing will ever beat your lab at work or college, and let me tell you, you are dead wrong! Today we will take a look at a very convenient palm-sized variable DC power supply, which has the potential to make your work at home more enjoyable!
The R4K-36 product, developed by Matsusada Precision, is a lab bench power supply series with the features you expect from one, but with a simple characteristic that makes a world of difference: it is incredibly compact. If you recall, these power supplies usually take up more space than almost any other appliance in the lab, and with this one, the space problem simply goes away, you can just tuck it anywhere and it will blend with the environment.
But of course, a power supply is not just made of its size, so what is there that may deserve my attention (and money)? We will see:
- Multi setting function, to memorize 3 different voltage and current settings
- Delay trigger function, to delay the output in a range of 0.0 to 99.9 seconds
- Two different locking modes, to avoid mis-operation and those accidental knob-bumbs
- Sink current + sink current prevention function
- Connection of up to 16 PSU’s in series (if you have them, you probably just need 2, one for positive and the other for negative rails)
- Dual tracking, with multiple outputs
- Digital interfaces available
- Remote on-off control and remote sensing
- Pulse and ramp sequences + master follow function (optional)
Besides these “nice to have” features, there are some technical details we should get into:
- Voltage range from 2 to 40 V (with 1 mV resolution)
- Maximum output power from 0.2 to 36 W
- Maximum current from 0.1 to 4 A (with 0.1 mA resolution)
- Four-digit meter
- Dimensions: small enough to fit on your hand, do you need more detail?