The Canakit arrives in a plain white cardboard box, but inside it has a lot of parts and components in glossy cardboard packaging. The kit comes with a Raspberry Pi 2 B model (the most advanced model) and a fancy black plastic case that is both sleek and solid.
The kit contains a 2.5A power supply, a 150mbps 802.11n USB WiFi adapter, and a high-quality 6-foot HDMI cable. It also contains a breadboard, a variety of LEDs, and other components. The only curious thing about all of this is that there was no manual! There’s a few URLs on the packaging to take the user to an online QuickStart guide. But no manual. How strange!
The Raspberry Pi Case included is of 2 piece construction, base and cover, molded in a smooth finish ABS plastic and fits the Raspberry Pi perfectly.
The CanaKit TM Raspberry Pi Starter Kit also includes a 2.5A / 5V USB power supply specially designed and tested for the power hungry Raspberry Pi. This power supply differs from typical standard 5V USB power supplies in the market in that it can deliver a full 2.5A and still output a voltage within the USB minimum voltage specifications. Standard 5V USB power supplies in the market have a high voltage drop when the full 2.5A is drawn, which would cause an unexpected reboot on the Raspberry Pi
Get it Now:
Canakit raspberry pi complete starter kit Includes:
- Includes Raspberry Pi 2 (RPi2) Model B Quad-Core 900 MHz 1 GB RAM
- 8 GB Micro SD Card (Class 10) – Raspberry Pi Recommended Micro SD Card pre-loaded with NOOBS
- CanaKit WiFi Adapter 150 Mbps – Supports Access Point Mode (AP) to allow for WiFi Hotspot hosting
- CanaKit 2.5A USB Power Supply with Micro USB Cable and Noise Filter – Specially designed for the Raspberry Pi 2 (UL Listed)
- High Quality Raspberry Pi 2 Case, Premium Quality HDMI Cable, Heat Sink, GPIO Quick Reference Card, CanaKit Full Color Quick-Start Guide