Alexa + Google Assistant On A Raspberry Pi
Steps to Build Smart Speaker:
1. To start off, you’ll first need to set up your Raspberry Pi. To do so, simply download the NOOBS package,extract it to your microSD card and plug it into your Raspberry Pi. Hook up the USB Keyboard, Mouse, Mic and the Speaker to the Pi and turn it on. You will now get a first time setup. Simply select Debian and install to start the installation of Debian on your Raspberry Pi.
2. Now, you need to create your Amazon Developer Account and create a security profile. Once done, note down your Amazon account’s credentials.
Next up, create a Google Developer Account and enable the Google Assistant API. Once you’re through with that, download the credentials.json file of your Google Product to /home/pi and rename it to assistant.json.
3. Now, run the following commands one by one to clone theproject and make the installer files executable:
git clone https://github.com/shivasiddharth/Assistants-Pi
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/Assistants-Pi/prep-system.sh
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/Assistants-Pi/audio-test.sh
sudo chmod +x /home/pi/Assistants-Pi/installer.sh
First, OS will be updated and upgraded. Thereafter, you will be prompted to select the audio setup. Select “3” from the options. Now, restart the Raspberry Pi.
4. Upon reboot, first, check your audio setup by
The script is interactive, just press “y” if you hear the audio, or “n” if you don’t. In case you don’t hear the audio, you need to check the wires.
5. Now that your system is ready, run the following command to start the installer:
The script will now execute. It is a pretty straightforward script, simply follow the on-screen instructions.
6. Once both the assistants have been installed, you’ll be shown a screen as below. Run the commands one by one to authenticate Alexa. Once you’re through with that, make the changes in the README file located at /home/pi/Assistants-Pi to start the assistants on boot.
Low cost PCB at PCBWay - only $5 for 10 PCBs and FREE first order for new members
PCB Assembly service starts from $30 with Free shipping all around world + Free stencil
Extra 15% off for flex and rigid-flex PCB