ams TMD3719 Proximity Sensors feature ambient light and color (RGB) sensing, flicker detection, and proximity detection. The ambient light and color sensing function provide six concurrent ambient light sensing channels like red, green, blue, clear, leakage, and wideband. These proximity sensors integrate three IR VCSELs and an advanced VCSEL driver. The TMD3719 sensors integrate direct detection of ambient light flicker for 4 selectable frequency bins. These proximity sensors include multiple VCSEL emitters to lower the optical power density and proximity function synchronized with a display.
The TMD3719 sensors operate at -30°C to 85°C temperature range and 1.7V to 1.98V supply voltage range. These proximity sensors offer a 10mA maximum VCSEL current and 2.9V to 3.6V emitter supply voltage range. Typical applications include brightness management for displays, color management for displays, camera image processing, flicker-immune camera operation, and touch screen disable.
- High sensitivity
- Leakage channel
- Minimized display distortion for proximity behind OLED
- Proximity function synchronized with the display
- Multiple VCSEL emitters to lower the optical power density
- Improved lux accuracy for ALS behind OLED
- 30°C to 85°C operating temperature range
- 1.7V to 1.98V supply voltage range
- 10mA maximum VCSEL current
- 2.9V to 3.6V emitter supply voltage range
- -0.3V to 3.6V emitter supply voltage range to GND
- -0.3V to 1.98V supply voltage range to GND