The creation of a sensor network can result in an overwhelming amount of work. From deciding on the perfect technologies to making your prototype and ensuring it is secure, it usually is a demanding task. But what if there was a way to simplify this process? There is, actually, the new Sentrius MG100 Gateway from Laird Connectivity promises to give you an important boost when it comes to developing your next IoT application!
The Sentrius MG100 from Laird Connectivity is a multi-wireless IoT gateway, designed with the Bluetooth 5 and LTE-M / NB-IoT technologies. Making use of the Pinnacle 100 Modem from the company, it captures data from Bluetooth 5 long-range sensors and sends it to the cloud via a low power cellular connection (LTE-M / NB-IoT). It comes with a starter kit so that you can quickly set up projects, including their innovative BT510 multi-sensor platform, with Bluegrass Cloud portal so that your end-to-end IoT solution can be work seamlessly out of the box.
Regarding its specifications, the Sentrius MG100 Gateway packs:
- Bluetooth: BT 5.0 (single-mode, 4x range, 2x speed, LE advertising extensions), concurrent master, slave, BLE mesh capabilities, BT 4.2 (LE secure connections, data packet length extension, LE privacy) and BT 4.1 (LE dual-mode topology, LE ping)
- Cellular: Multicellular band operation for world-wide compatibility, LTE M and NB-IoT support, power class 3
- Nordic nRF52840 Cortex-M4F MCU
- Memories: 256 KB RAM and 1 MB onboard Flash (with support for SD card)
- NFC (13.56 MHz, 106 kbps data rate, NFC Type2 and Type4 tag emulation)
- Built-in accelerometer