The Omega2 LTE is a Linux IoT computer with Wi-Fi and LTE cellular connectivity.
Effortlessly deploy your existing IoT applications in remote areas and no longer be limited by the range of Wi-Fi networks. The Linux network stack makes the switch between WiFi and cellular data seamless to user applications.
Take your existing NodeJS or Python IoT project outside the building with ZERO effort!
The Omega2 LTE has all the hardware you need for:
- Remote sensor applications – as a hub or end-node
- Real-time asset tracking
- LTE Hotspot – share the high-speed LTE data connection with IoT devices, laptops, and tablets
Now With GNSS Support
On top of that, the Omega2 LTE also has GNSS global positioning capabilities, further extending the possible use cases to include real-time asset and fleet tracking.
- Compatible with GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, and other regional systems
- Easily report geopositioning and other data to remote servers using the LTE data connection
Self-Contained And Battery Powered
Omega2 LTE is a self-contained device that is smaller than a standard breadboard, making it a great form-factor for use in any IoT project. Just add LTE antennas and power.
It’s flexible when it comes to power: you can provide power from any USB port or with a LiPo battery. Connected batteries will automatically recharge when USB power is present, and will act as a back-up power supply if USB power is not stable.
Wireless Networking Capabilities
The Omega2 LTE specializes in wireless networking, sporting 4G LTE connectivity and Wi-Fi capabilities, making it ideal for outdoor and remote sensor hub applications.
- The Wi-Fi interface can simultaneously host its own Wi-Fi access point and connect to existing Wi-Fi networks
- It enables uses cases that are not limited by the range of Wi-Fi networks since the 4G LTE data connection provides internet connectivity as long as there is cellular signal
- The LTE data connection can also be shared through the Omega’s Wi-Fi access point or even through ethernet using the Ethernet Expansion