If you are in the market for a small form factor Raspberry Pi alternative that measures just 52 x 46 mm in size you may be interested in the new Orange Pi Zero LTS mini PC which builds on the technology incorporated into the first generation which was launched back in 2016.
The new Orange Pi Zero LTS supports Android 7.0, Debian, OpenWrt or Ubuntu and is powered by an Allwinner H2+ SoC, which integrates four ARM-Cortex A7 cores that can clock up to 1.2 GHz supported by either 256 MB or 512 MB of RAM depending on the model you choose.
– SoC – Allwinner H2+ quad-core Cortex A7 processor @ 1.2 GHz with Mali-400MP2 GPU @ 600 MHz
– System Memory – 256 to 512 MB DDR3-1866 SDRAM
– Storage – microSD card slot
– Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet + 802.11 b/g/n WiFi (Allwinner XR819 WiFi module) with u.FL antenna connector and external antenna
– USB – 1x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB OTG port
– Expansion headers : Unpopulated 26-pin GPIO header mostly compatible with Raspberry Pi (1) header : 13-pin header with headphone, 2x USB 2.0, TV-out, microphone and IR receiver signals
– Debugging – 3-pin header for serial console
– Misc – 2x LEDs
– Power Supply – 5V via micro USB port or optional PoE
– Dimensions – 52 x 46 mm
– Weight – 26 grams
The Orange Pi Zero LTS development board is now available to purchase online from AliExpress priced at just $8.49 for the 256 MB version or $10.49 for the 512 MB version.
Current Project / Post can also be found using:
- orange pi zero lts pwm