Up and Running with Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi is a small, cheap, single-board computer that opens a new door to computer exploration. Simple to use and program, it can be embedded in innovative projects and has been used to build Internet-connected dog treat dispensers, low-res plotters, cell phone–operated coffeemakers, and a solar-powered computer.
This course shows how to obtain, configure, and do simple tasks with a Raspberry Pi. Mark Niemann-Ross shows you how to play sounds, boot up a GUI, program simple tasks, install software, and begin to explore hardware control with GPIO (General Purpose Input/Output).
- Buying a Raspberry Pi
- Connecting hardware
- Installing the Raspbian OS
- Working with frequently used Linux commands
- Setting up VNC to control the Raspberry Pi remotely
- Playing a sound
- Building a simple webcam website
- Controlling a device with GPIO in Python
Tutorial Content List: