Texas Instruments’ converter features 800 nA ultra-low quiescent current
Texas Instruments’ TPS61099x is a synchronous boost converter with 1 µA ultra-low quiescent current. The device is designed for products powered by alkaline batteries, NiMH rechargeable batteries, Li-Mn batteries, or rechargeable Li-Ion batteries where a high efficiency under light-load condition is critical to achieving long battery life operation.
TPS61099x boost converter uses a hysteretic control topology to obtain maximal efficiency at minimal quiescent current. The device consumes 1 µA quiescent current under the light-load condition and can achieve up to 75% efficiency at 10 µA load with fixed output voltage version. This converter supports up to 300 mA output current from 3.3 V to 5 V conversion and achieves up to 93% at 200 mA load. The TPS61099x offers down mode and pass-through operations for different applications.
In down mode, the output voltage can still be regulated at the target value even when the input voltage is higher than the output voltage. In pass-through mode, the output voltage follows the input voltage. The TPS61099x exits down mode and enters pass-through mode when VIN > VOUT + 0.5 V. The TPS61099x supports a true shutdown function when it is disabled, which disconnects the load from the input supply to reduce the current consumption. The TPS61099x offers an adjustable output voltage version and fixed output voltage versions. The device is available in a 6-ball 1.23 mm x 0.88 mm WCSP package and a 6-pin 2 mm x 2 mm WSON package.
- Ultra-low IQ into VOUT pin: 600 nA
- Ultra-low IQ into VIN pin: 400 nA
- Operating input voltage: 0.7 V to 5.5 V
- Adjustable output voltage: 1.8 V to 5.5 V
- Fixed output voltage versions available
- Switch peak current limit: 0.8 A (minimum)
- Regulated output voltage in down mode
- True disconnection during shutdown
- Efficiency: up to 75% at 10 µA load with fixed output voltage versions
- Efficiency: 93% from 10 mA to 300 mA load
- Packages: 6-ball 1.23 mm x 0.88 mm WCSP and 2 mm x 2 mm WSON
Read more: TEXAS INSTRUMENTS’ TPS61099 SYNCHRONOUS BOOST CONVERTER