UltraMiner FPGA is an Affordable 16 nm Xilinx FPGA dev board for crypto mining and other high performance applications.
Mining cryptocurrency can be fun and rewarding, especially if you’re able to set up a “mining rig” at home. For this to be practical, however, you will need a rig that is:
- Affordable so you can buy it
- Easy to use so you don’t have to spend all your time configuring it
- Powerful so you can actually mine some crypto, rather than just warming up your desk
- Energy efficient so you don’t spend all that crypto on electric bills and earplugs
- Vesatile so you can mine various currencies and continue doing so when their algorithms change
UltraMiner FPGA is all of the above. Double the speed and four times the energy efficiency of a typical Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) rig, cheaper and more flexible than a typical Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) rig, UltraMiner FPGA helps you wring every drop of performance from the 16 nm KU3P Xilinx Kintex® UltraScale+™ FPGA at its heart. The KU3P is two generations newer than the chips in other affordable FPGA rigs, which makes it twice as fast while drawing half the power.
Open, Flexible, And Future Proof
Calling UltraMiner “versatile” is probably a bit of an understatement. It’s far more than just a crypto miner; it’s a modern, high performance FPGA dev board. And it’s open hardware. In addition to source code for our host software and cryptocurrency bitstreams, we intend to publish:
- Our Register-Transfer Level (RTL) design
- The board schematics
- A board-support package that makes it easy to reprogram UltraMiner’s KU3P FPGA using the Vivado Design Suite from Xilinx
Speaking of Vivado, UltraMiner includes a free license to use the full version of that software – which normally costs over $2000 – as long as you’re using it to work with the KU3P chip. So even if you have no interest in crypto, UltraMiner still represents a cost effective way for you to explore the world of high performance FPGA programming. Other 16 nm dev boards might have additional bells and whistles, but they’ll set you back thousands of dollars.
Low cost PCB at PCBWay - only $5 for 10 PCBs and FREE first order for new members
PCB Assembly service starts from $30 with Free shipping all around world + Free stencil
Extra 15% off for flex and rigid-flex PCB