Portwell has announced WADE-8212, the latest addition to its family of Mini-ITX form factor embedded system boards. According to Brian Lai, Portwell’s product manager, the new WADE-8212 is designed to provide more powerful multi-tasking function and enhanced high-definition imaging capability with faster network (2.5Gb) connectivity.
Its rich I/Os and expansion support multiple peripheral devices in diverse applications such as industrial automation, robotic manufacturing, automated test equipment, semiconductor equipment, factory process control, automated guide vehicle (AGV), medical equipment, communications appliances, IoT gateway, smart transportation and much more.
WADE-8212 supports the Intel Q470E chipset and the latest 10th Intel Core i9/i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron processor platform (formerly Comet Lake S) up to ten cores/20 threads (35W-80W) in LGA1200 socket.
- Dual-channel DDR4 2400/2666/2933MHz Non-ECC SDRAM on two SO-DIMM sockets up to 64 GB.
- One and 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet (Intel I219LM and I225LM).
- Five COM ports (Two are BIOS configurable).
- Six USB 3.2 Gen 1 and four USB 2.0.
- Four SATA III ports, GPIO and Audio Jack.
Rich expansion interface includes:
- One PCIe Gen 3 x16, 1x M.2 key E 2230 for wireless modules (Bluetooth/Wi-Fi).
- One M.2. key M 2242/2260/2280 for SSD.
- One M.2 key B 3042 and SIM card socket for 4G/5G.
- Triple display includes 1x DP 1.2 (4K resolution).
- One HDMI 2.0a (4K resolution).
- One VGA (resolution up to 1920×1200) on rear.
- One LVDS (resolution up to 1920×1200) connector on board.
- ATX power; and onboard TPM 2.0 for security.