The XDL601/02 are ultra-small, 1.5A, synchronous step-down Micro DC/DC Converters with integrated inductor and high-speed transient response. The superfast load transient performance is due to Torex’s innovative Hi-SAT COT control method, which, when compared to standard Constant On-Time (COT) control also provides less fluctuation in oscillation frequency against load and input voltage.
The XDL601/02 total solution size is only 30mm2 and is optimised for space constrained applications such as sensors, cameras, small control modules, telematics, infotainment & HMI. The XDL601 operates with Hi-SAT COT plus fixed PWM mode with a 3.0MHz switching frequency whereas the XCL602 automatically switches between PWM and PFM (pulse-skipping) mode to maximize efficiency at lighter loads.
The input voltage range is 2.5V to 5.5V and the output voltage range is 0.8V to 3.3V (accuracy ±2.0%). The operating ambient temperature range is -40°C ~ 105°C and this series is AEC-Q100 Grade 2 compliant. In addition, Thermal shutdown, integral soft-start and a built-in UVLO function are also included for added protection.
The XDL601 is available in a small DFN3625-11B (3.6 x 2.5 x 1.6mm) package which has Wettable flanks.
- Operates from 2.5V to 5.5V
- Up to 1.5A Output Current
- Output Voltages from 0.8V to 3.3V
- Hi-SAT COT with PWM Control or PWM/PFM Auto-Switching
- AEC-Q100 qualified (-40˚C ~ +105˚C)
- Integrated Coil Structure
- More than 50% of PCB Area Savings
- Minimized Radiated Noise (EMI)
- High Efficiency at 3.0MHz Operation
- 93% (at VIN=5.0V, VOUT=3.3V/500mA)
- Enhanced COT Technology
- Fast Transient Response
- Stable Frequency Operation
- Superior Load Regulation
- High Reliability
- Exposed Flanks Package
- High Thermal Performance