A guide to building robots with the Raspberry Pi microcomputer.
Learn Robotics with Raspberry Pi ($24.95, 200 pp., January 2019) brings beginners into robotics by focusing its robot-building projects around a $35 credit card-size Raspberry Pi microcomputer.
The book’s 19 year-old author, Matt Timmons-Brown, is also the creator of the world’s most popular Raspberry Pi YouTube channel (over 5 million views). He shows readers how to program their own complex robot from scratch while introducing them to computer science basics, electronics, and Python programming. Readers build a sophisticated two-wheeled robot that they customize, adding the ability to follow lines, see the world through sensors, and avoid obstacles. Detailed chapters on electronics basics help inexperienced makers quickly gain their footing in the robotics world.
Learn Robotics with Raspberry Pi provides a gentle introduction to this exciting field, building up from the simplest input and output examples to a robot which incorporates wireless control. —Eben Upton, Founder of the Raspberry Pi Foundation
Readers also learn how to:
- Build and manipulate electronics components like lights, sensors, and motors
- Design and assemble a robot frame with motors, a breadboard, and wiring
- Control their robot’s movements using the Python programming language
- Implement obstacle detection sensors so the robot avoids hazards
- Make their robot stand out from the crowd with speakers and lights effects
- Allow their robot to see the environment with computer vision
This guide to robotics promises to take readers from inexperienced makers to robot builders in a fun and affordable way. Now available in fine bookstores everywhere.
- Download Chapter 4: Making Your Robot Move
- Click here to download the code and resources from GitHub
- View the detailed Table of Contents
Read more: LEARN ROBOTICS WITH RASPBERRY PI