Renesas Electronics has announced the release of 48 new RA2E1 Group microcontrollers for cost-sensitive and space-constrained applications. Based on the 48-MHz Arm Cortex-M23 core, these new entry-line single-chip devices offer 16-KB SRAM memory, 128-KB code flash, and support a wide operating voltage range of 1.6V to 5.5V and a large selection of packages viz. LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and Wafer Level Chip Scale Package (WLCSP).
The RA2E1 Group of microcontrollers with key features like optimized combinations of superior performance, ultra-low-power consumption, innovative peripherals, and small package options are ideal for cost-sensitive applications and space-constrained applications. Additionally, these MCUs serve as an entry point into our RA2 Series, offering a seamless upgrade to larger RA Family devices with hardware and software scalability. Besides, these devices include an AES cryptography accelerator, a true random number generator (TRNG), and memory protection units that provide the fundamental blocks to develop a secure IoT system.
Key Features Of RA2E1 Microcontrollers
- 48 MHz Arm Cortex-M23 CPU core
- Integrated flash memory options from 32KB to 128KB; and 16KB RAM
- Support for wide operating voltage range: 1.6V – 5.5V
- Pin counts from 25- to 64-pin
- Package options including LQFP, QFN, LGA, BGA, and WLCSP (2.14 x 2.27mm)
- Low power operation: 100µA/MHz in active mode; 250 nA in software standby
- Integrated next-generation innovative capacitive touch sensing unit with no external components required, lowering BOM costs
- Enables system costs reduction with on-chip peripheral functions, including a high precision (1.0 percent) internal oscillator, background operation data flash supporting 1 million erase/program cycles, high-current IO ports, and a temperature sensor
- Pin and peripheral compatibility with RA2L1 Group devices for quick and easy upgrade paths