Power to your Living room via Raspberry Pi
The Idea is to create a controlled living room/entertainment station using the raspberry Pi as a media center, torrent down-loader,file storage and to operate electrical switches.
Please use caution and diligence as components use live AC and hence is dangerous.
Step 1: Items you will need
What you will need are the following:
- A raspberry pi (pref Model B)
- An SD Card for the pi
- A relay board
- An Ac to dc power supply
- 3 core wire 1mm dia (around 3m)
- A plug
- 4 x wall plug female sockets and their boxes
- 1 x 2 socket plug box and its cover
- Piece of wood (chipboard will do) to use as backing
- Self taping screws 1/4 inch
- 4 x Transistors 2N2222
- 4 x Resistors 2.2K Ohm
- 4 x Resistors 10K Ohm
- 1 x LM7805 Voltage regulator
- 1 x 0.33 Microfarad capacitor
- 1 x 0.1 Microfarad capacitor
- Some vero board
- Some wire
Step 2: Building the Plug units
Line the boxes up together and mark them so that you can drill holes as the picture below. The idea is to be able to pass the wires through them.
Step 3: Adding the backing
Use the wood to create the back underlying the boxes and use the self tapping screws to secure the boxes to the wood.
For more detail: Power to your Living room via Raspberry Pi