SquareWear 2.0 is an open-source, Arduino-based wearable microcontroller board. It is small, low-cost, and provides an all-in-one solution for wearable as well as general-purpose electronics projects.
At heart SquareWear is an Arduino running at 3.3V and 12MHz. It has large pin holes suitable for sewing with conductive thread, soldering with wires or sew-on snaps, and they are great for touch sensing too. SquareWear is packed with useful components. It has an on-board mini-USB port for uploading a sketch, charging Lithium battery, and creating serial communication. It’s preloaded with an USBasp bootloader. No external programmer is needed. It has a color LED, a general-purpose push-button, a buzzer, a light sensor, a temperature sensor, and N-MOSFETs to drive high-current load. In addition, it has a built-in LIR2032 rechargeable lithium coin battery, so you can power your projects right away without any external power supply. Every time you plug in the mini-USB cable, it charges the coin battery automatically. If needed, you can also plug in an external LiPo battery through the on-board battery jack. It’s perfect for building wearable as well as general-purpose microcontroller projects. It’s great platform for learning Arduino programming too.
Note: unlike the standard Arduino, SquareWear does not have a USB-to-serial chip. Instead, it simulates USB functionality in software using the V-USB library.
YouTube Video 1
YouTube Video 2
- ATmega328 running at 3.3V, 12MHz, pre-loaded with USBasp bootloader.
- XC6206P332MR 3.3V / 250mA LDO.
- TP4057 Lithium charging chip and charging indicator LED.
- MCP9700 temperature sensor; 10K LDR (light sensor).
- 8.5mm SMT buzzer; 6mm SMT tactile button.
- 2.0mm JST connector for external lithium battery.
- 2N7002 MOSFETs, SMT mini-USB port, and power switch.
- 5mm color (RGB) LED.
- LIR2032 (20mm) rechargeable lithium coin battery (45mAh capacity).
- SquareWear 2.0 User Manual
- SquareWear 2.0 Github repository
- Comparisons of SquareWear 2.0 with LilyPad USB and Flora
- SquareWear Homepage
|Dimensions||0mm x0mm x0mm|